2018 Summer shopping event
A FREE shopping event for foster youth ages 5 and up. Our 7th annual free shopping event enables foster youth to begin their school year with new and nearly new clothing, shoes and accessories.
August 2018: Open Wednesday-Sunday, closed Monday & Tuesday.
Project Lemonade, 1008 Lloyd Center Mall, on the 2nd level across from See's Candy.
Am I eligible?
Youth are eligible to shop if they have an open case with DHS Child Welfare. This includes bio-families with home safety plans.
What to expect:
- PLEASE BRING ID such as a drivers license, school ID, etc. to check-in.
- Shoppers will receive a checklist of items they can shop for during their visit. The list will include shoes, pants, tops, outerwear, underwear, socks, accessories, a backpack and more. We have changing rooms onsite.
- We encourage youth to come to the store to shop if possible. Minor shoppers must be accompanied.
- We are staffed with volunteers who are able to answer questions or be a personal shopping assistant if desired.
- The closest parking garage is the one on the corner of NE 9th Ave and NE Halsey St.
- If you have any shopping special requests/needs, please let us know in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS NECESSARY.
Youth must be registered to shop. Please register in advance by clicking the Signup button: