What is the Project Lemonade Internship?
Project Lemonade is proud to offer the fourth year of the Internship Program in summer of 2019.
The Project Lemonade Internship is a 10-week part-time paid summer internship available to youth in foster care, who are ready to work and interested in serving the community.
What do foster youth gain from the internship?
- Real job experience supporting Project Lemonade Store operations, including customer service, inventory management, merchandising and everything else that works toward our mission of delivering a great shopping experience to foster youth.
- Ongoing job and life skills support from PL throughout the internship through weekly team skill-building meetings and the opportunity to network and explore career opportunities.
- Paycheck of 20 hours a week for 10 weeks at minimum wage, paid through SummerWorks.
- Enrollment in SummerWorks which opens up a job network for future work.
- The opportunity to give back to foster youth by supporting the Project Lemonade shopping experience!
How does the program work?
- Intern candidates apply and participate in phone and in-person interview. Interns are employed by SummerWorks and work on site at Project Lemonade.
- Internship is open to youth age 16-24 who are in foster care.
- Interns work a 4-hour shift, 5 days a week (20 hours a week) from June 24th to August 31st or at the time school begins.
- Interns must be able to get to and from work at Lloyd Center mall
What does it take to succeed in the internship?
- Motivation to work and gain skills
- Responsibility and work ethic
- Ability to work in a team
- An interest in giving back and helping others
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions!