What is the Project Lemonade Internship?
With a generous grant from Campbell Global's Grow the Good Foundation and in partnership with SummerWorks, Project Lemonade is proud to offer the third year of the Internship Program.
The Project Lemonade Internship is a 10-week part-time paid summer internship available to youth in foster care, who are ready to work and interested in serving the community.
What do foster youth gain from the internship?
- Real job experience supporting Project Lemonade Store operations, including customer service, inventory management, merchandising and everything else that works toward our mission of delivering a great shopping experience to foster youth.
- Ongoing job and life skills support from PL throughout the internship through weekly team skill-building meetings and the opportunity to network and explore career opportunities.
- Paycheck of 20 hours a week for 10 weeks at minimum wage, paid through SummerWorks.
- Enrollment in SummerWorks which opens up a job network for future work.
- The opportunity to give back to foster youth by supporting the Project Lemonade shopping experience!
How does the program work?
- Intern candidates apply and participate in phone and in-person interview. Interns are employed by SummerWorks and work on site at Project Lemonade.
- Internship is open to youth age 16-24 who are in foster care.
- Interns work a 4-hour shift, 5 days a week (20 hours a week) from June 24th to August 31st or at the time school begins.
- Interns must be able to get to and from work at Lloyd Center mall
What does it take to succeed in the internship?
- Motivation to work and gain skills
- Responsibility and work ethic
- Ability to work in a team
- An interest in giving back and helping others
2. Complete the application by Thursday, May 17th, 2018.
3. E-mail the application to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the Subject line.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions!